Where to find Scholarly Resources
Passwords available at the library - or call 383-3300
- CINAHL (Full Text) - (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature) For health or medicine aspects of science. Over 600 full text periodicals.
- HealthSource - Nursing / Academic Edition. Has nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- Salem Press: Companion to Magillīs Medical Guide. On campus use only.
- ProQuest: for general science articles (be sure to select 'scholarly journals')
Open Web - Government Resources
- PubMed Central: access to articles from professional journals, textbooks, a database of websites, and other valuable sources of information on health issues.
- Medline Plus: Consumer health topics, medical dictionaries, directories & publications (FAQ's).
Open Web - Selected Resources
MedNew: Recent press releases on medical topics. Find info about recently published studies from the researchers and sponsoring institutions.
National Human Genome Research Institute: Covering biomedical research and genetic components of complex disorders. Includes an 'Talking Glossary'.
American Association of Anatomists Under the educational resources section there are atlases, tutorials and dissections, along with many biology links.
- LUMEN: Web resources on the structure of the human anatomy.