Check these out!
Find stuff on the Main Floor of the library
ESL Easy Readers are located by the Library Instruction Room door.
Music CDs are found along the north wall.
Magazines that can be found on our magazine shelf that are written specifically for English Learners include:
Find theses upstairs in the Stacks
|Graphic Novels||PN 6727|
|Composition||PE 1404||Pronunciation help||PE 1137
|Dictionaries||PE 1625||Grammar||PE 1112
Research databases contain journal articles, eBooks and more to help with your research. A full listing can be found here. The following databases allow you to sort your results by reading level:
Grammar & Writing
Big Dog’s Grammar
ELRC (English Language Resource Center) Academic Vocabulary Podcasts – Bergen Community College
Voice of America Special English – Read, listen and learn English. Focus on current events.
Pronunciation & Speaking
Two citation styles are used most frequently at Whatcom Community College:
- APA Citations are usually used in Psychology, Nursing, and science courses.
- MLA Citations are usually used in English, History, and non-science courses.
Check your assignment or ask your professor which citation style to use for your class.
When you write your paper, you will need to cite your sources in two places:
- in the paragraph where you have quoted, summarized, or paraphrased from the source (called an in-text citation)
- in your Works Cited list (MLA) or Reference list (APA)
Help for using the Library is available in several ways:
- In-person. Librarians are available at the Library, no appointment necessary. Drop by and say hello!
- Telephone reference is available during open Library Hours (see right side bar).
- Text Chat is available 24/7 from AskWA.
- Frequently Asked Library Questions (FAQ’s) may have the answers to your questions.